IELTS speaking topic: Leisure time
What do you like to do in your leisure time?
Well, I like to play quite a lot actually. I play cricket mostly – on Thursday and Friday afternoon with a local team. I also play badminton and volleyball when I can but I am not really free to do them as well every week. I work hard for my studies/ job nowadays. So, it is quite difficult to make up free time for my leisure activities.
How far has your leisure activities changed since you were a child?
Not so much to be honest. I am fond of playing cricket since my childhood – I played it a lot at school too. I did all the other things kids loved to do also; such as going out on bike rides after school and so forth. Nowadays, when I go to parks and fields, I see the same things happening.
How do you prefer to spend your free time? Alone, or with other people?
I like to spend my free time with my relatives and spend. I like to do small parties or going out together. I don’t think being alone is a very good idea. Sometimes, people need some lonely time, I don’t deny that. Yet, I believe that spending time in a company of others is more enjoyable.
Some common questions about leisure time:
- Which leisure activity do you like most?
- What are differences between work or job and leisure activity?
- What are the most familiar leisure activities in your country?
- Do you consider leisure activity important?
- How many weekly vacations do you get in your country?
- Do you like outing with friends?
- Do you think being alone is good to pass leisure time?
IELTS students should try on their own to solve these questions. If you face any problem regarding these questions, please comment specifically and I’ll provide you the necessary solutions.